Saturday, March 8, 2008

Arrgh... She's an American Girl Pirate!

It is sooooooo much fun to turn this ^ into this ....
DD had an American Girl party to goto this weekend, I wanted to sew her something special to wear and came up with this pirate dresss!
We are a pirate crazy family! I found this pattern for a buck at Hancocks, and then I just traced one of her doll dresses onto some fabric and sewed Molly a matching dress. Then with my ruffler foot, I added some sleeves and a skirt... and with some elastic made headbands. Then, I embroidered their names on the outfits and tah dah! Custom matching couture... really Made in America (not like American Girl outfits which are made in China!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin And Vanessa said...

Love the outfits! You did such a great job! How fun :-)

March 10, 2008 at 3:50 AM  
Blogger Jen Sue Wild said...

Too cute..
Send me your email and your address for the swap.
I am glad you are joining in on the fun..

March 10, 2008 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Shawnee said...

Those are so gorgeous! And, your daughter looks thrilled.

May 31, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home